Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HOM I have used

Through out my passion project the habits of mind I have used are everything.
Gathering data through all senses, finding humor, remaining open to continuous learning, listening and understanding with empathy, persisting, metacognition, striving for accuracy, thinking interdependently, responding with wonderment and awe, managing impulsivity, thinking flexibly, taking responsible risks, questioning and posing problems and finally applying past knowledge to new situations. I gathered data through all senses because I looked on the computer for information, I listened to experts and I created drawings with my hands. I used finding humor because I had “funny moments” all through out this year. I was always remaining open to continuous learning. I listened and understood carefully to Warren so I used ‘listening and understanding with empathy’. I was always persistent and firm and obstinate continually in spite of difficulty. I was aware and understanding about my passion project so I was sort of using metacognition. I always strived for accuracy I tried my best. I thought interdependently with all the people I worked with like Warren and Pania. I responded with wonderment and awe when I saw my dollhouse. I managed my inpulsivity by not yelling out MY DOLLHOUSE IS AWESOME! I thought flexible by thinking outside of the box. I took a responsible risk by choosing to do my passion project around building. I questioned Warren a lot so I used Questioning and posing problems. I applied past knowledge to my new situation because my mom and I used to decorate old dollhouses. These were all the habits of mind I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Teala. I am very clumsy and shy. Above all things making movies is my favorite. I also love writing and art. I like to play sports too. I love BMX biking, Ice skating, dancing and tennis. I love animals. Giraffes, llamas, elephants and pandas are my favorite. I am interested in horror movies. I don't criticize or tease. I am probably the one being teased. I am very nerdy and different. I will never say never. God bless you.

Followers