Tuesday, June 22, 2010


Hello again. For my talent evaluation I was in Darryn's art group and we looked at Native American / Indians. We looked at their culture and things they do and believe in. You might be wondering, what has this got to do with art? Well, we also created and innovated a mask. And our finished products turned out awesome. Masks were things thats Native Americans dreamed about in their dreams and they were imagined to scare away evil spirits. Every individual mask was different. As people would not have the same dreams. The legend says that someone got smashed in the face by a mountain so as you can imagine their face was pretty much broken. I decided to go for a raging anger look and I painted it red because red is one of my favourite colours. Some people painted them black. We made them out of clay. We also made paper mache. That was basically the process we used to create masks. The habits of mind I used were taking responsible risks, thinking flexibly, listening and understanding with empathy, metacognition and persisting. This is my 'Podcast' I made using podcast through Garage Band. Its explains more in depth about Native Americans and our art work.
I hope you enjoy my slideshow / podcast.
By Teala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Teala. I am very clumsy and shy. Above all things making movies is my favorite. I also love writing and art. I like to play sports too. I love BMX biking, Ice skating, dancing and tennis. I love animals. Giraffes, llamas, elephants and pandas are my favorite. I am interested in horror movies. I don't criticize or tease. I am probably the one being teased. I am very nerdy and different. I will never say never. God bless you.

Followers